Akvis have announced a major update to Akvis Retoucher, an image restoration program for Mac and Windows. Version 8.0 adds a History Brush tool, an innovative image retouching mode for correcting small defects, several new setting options, support for 4K and 5K displays, and more. The software runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and on Mac OS X 10.6-10.11.
Akvis Press Release
AKVIS Retoucher 8.0: New Photo Retouching Mode and Other Improvements!
August 17, 2016 – AKVIS is pleased to announce the major update of AKVIS Retoucher for Windows and Mac OS X. The new version offers an innovative image retouching mode for correcting small defects, the History Brush tool, several new setting options, support for 4k & 5k displays, and other important changes.
AKVIS Retoucher is a powerful tool for photo restoration and photo retouching. The software effectively heals damaged parts of a photo, removes scratches, stains, and other defects. Now you can easily restore your old family photos and preserve them for future generations!
The program has a broad application spectrum. You can use it to enhance the composition of your photos by getting rid of unnecessary details such as wires, date stamps, etc. or even remove bigger objects. A wide variety of tools and options allows finding the best solution for any image.
Version 8.0 increases the capabilities with an innovative image retouching mode specifically designed for correcting small defects and imperfections. Currently, the program offers 2 photo retouching modes: All-Purpose Retouching and Small Defects. The usability of the program has been enhanced by adding the History Brush tool, several new setting options, support for 4k & 5k displays, and other new features.
In Version 8.0:
- New Processing Mode
- The program offers two image retouching modes – All-Purpose Retouching and Small Defects.
- The All-Purpose Retouching mode can be used to process any type of defects but is particularly suitable for large and medium-sized imperfections.
- The new Small Defects mode is specially designed for enhanced removal of small imperfections like scratches, dust, specks, etc. The innovative algorithm allows more accurate and detailed image restoration.
- History Brush Tool
- The History Brush allows you to restore any part of an image to its original state. The new feature makes the software more flexible and easier to use!
- Note: This tool is available only for Home Deluxe and Business licenses.
- New Parameters & Options
- The new Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical check-boxes in the Patch Tool allow you to mirror a patch horizontally or vertically.
- The new Opacity parameter in the Clone Stamp tool determines the transparency of a cloned object.
- The new Scaling parameter in the Clone Stamp and Chameleon Brush tools regulates the size of a clone relative to the original fragment.
- New Interface with Support for Ultra HD
- The new version features a modernized user interface with support for Ultra HD 4K & 5K resolution screens. The texts and new vector based icons now scale correctly even on super high resolution monitors.
- You can choose between two interface themes: Dark and Light.
- And other changes.
Download AKVIS Retoucher 8.0 and take advantage of the free 10-day trial!
The software runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and on Mac OS X 10.6-10.11. The product is available as a standalone application and as a plugin filter for Adobe Photoshop and other image editors.
AKVIS Retoucher, Home license, sells for $87 or €67. Consult the official website for further details of license types, versions, prices, etc.
It is a free upgrade for recent buyers of AKVIS Retoucher who bought or upgraded the license during the last 12 months. If your license is not valid for the latest version, you can get the new version for only $14.95.
AKVIS (http://akvis.com) specializes in development of image processing software and scientific research. The company was founded in 2004 by IT professionals having considerable experience in programming and software development. Since then the company has released a number of successful programs.